White sand beachfront Seahorse Bungalow
Truly Beachfront! You won't believe what's included! All the comforts of home at unbelievable prices. Located on Savusavu's best beach with swimming and snorkeling lagoons closeby. Enjoy living on the beach and feel the Fijian lifestyle. Luxury furnishings, full kitchen, panoramic ocean views, room service, housekeeping, airport transfers, numerous onsite and nearby activities, hiking trails thru our forest reserve as well as 2 beachside lounges with hammocks.
Feel the privacy like your own private island! Witness a new era in accommodations where you can enjoy luxurious accommodations at budget prices. The Seahorse Bungalow was newly completed August 2017. Fresh and beautiful (far less than any other absolute beachfront accommodation in Savusavu). While there are plenty of onsite and nearby activities as well as adventure tours, you will feel quite content just relaxing at home on the plantation surrounded by the classic beauty of paradise.
SigaSiga is pronounced "sing-a sing-a", the original native name for the property meaning Sunshine.
All SigaSiga Sands holiday vacation rental homes are designer furnished, loaded with amenities and offered at budget prices! You won't find another hotel offering accommodations this comfortable, so well equipped, and loaded with so many amenities anywhere near this price or maybe at any price! We offer by far the best "bang for the buck" in Savusavu - all at a location many locals call the best beach in Savusavu! All cottages have full self-catering gourmet equipped kitchens. Optional room service is available from our delicious Indo-Fijian Cuisine menu at affordable prices delivered fresh and hot to you. All share two beach lounge areas (at all tides) with hammocks, chaise loungers, fresh delicious spring water taps, shower and comfort room. Enjoy consistent ocean breezes, plenty of shade, and great friendly staff to attend to your every need.
Live on the beach and experience immersion into the Fijian culture. When you stay at SigaSiga Sands, your playground extends along 300m/1000ft of beach and beyond. You can also play up into our Forest Reserve where 2km/over a mile of medium challenge nature trails meander through and under our awesome Forest Reserve canopy. Bring your suit (or not ;-)) and a picnic to enjoy a swim in the fresh large creek ponds.
Only 10min. drive to Savusavu airport and another 5min. to Savusavu town. Private and peaceful nature, fantastic snorkel reef and swimming lagoons. Hotel grounds include lily ponds and beautifully landscaped gardens and open space. Free WiFi and airport transfers included.
- Free unlimited WiFi Internet (dependable with 14Mbps average speed)
- Landline telephone incl. free local Savusavu calls
- Masks & Snorkels
- Snorkel Lessons
- Cooking Lessons
- Making Coconut Milk and Oil Lessons
- Savusavu airport transfers
- Savusavu town Intro Tour
- Lei Greeting
- Chilled Green Coconut Drink on arrival
- 2 single kayaks, 2 bicycles
- 300m/1000ft of white sand beachfront 24/7
- 3 Beachfront Lounge areas with Hammocks, Loungers, Shower, Comfort room and lots of shady palms
- Scuba Diving: 2 World Class Ops close-by include free return transfers
- Easy Transportation with affordable taxis, buses, rental cars, ferries and 2 airports
- Panoramic Ocean Views
- Room Service with delicious SigaSiga Indo-Fijian Cuisine Menu
- Nature Trails meandering through our own Forest Reserve thriving with flora, fauna and creeks
- Snorkeling Lagoon 15 min. walk out at low tide or just swim out anytime
- Swimming Lagoon 5 min. walk down the beach any tide
- Cultural experience on a Coconut plantation with friendly resident staff
- Learn the Fijian lifestyle and what it means to live on Fiji time!
- Other Resort Amenities, Restaurants and Bars nearby
- Only 15 min. drive (driving slowly) to Savusavu town
- Many Waterfall & Adventure Tours nearby
- Fresh, filtered, delicious spring water to all taps
- Resident Manager, Housekeeper, Handyman
- Extensive variety of cookware, kitchenware, and plateware
- Full size Refrigerator/Auto-Defrost Freezer with Ice Trays
- Glasses (beer, wine, juice, coffee cups)
- Silverware settings for 4-6 guests
- Coffee French Press & Blender
- Gas Stove, Microwave & Toaster Oven
- Hot Water Kettle
- Dining table seating 4-6 guests
- Fire Extinguisher, Fire Blanket, First Aid kit
- Compost and Recycle Rubbish Bins
- Large Ceiling Fan
- Very comfortable beds with high quality mattresses and pillows. Portable single bed/cot optional
- High thread count all cotton linens
- Picnic gear inc ice chest, plush beach towels, floats and more
- Exceptionally comfortable designer furnishings and wall art
- Hot water to all kitchen and bathroom taps
- Large ceiling fans in every room
- Screened windows on all walls for great cool air circulation
- Outdoor Shower and Tap
- Air Conditioning
- BBQ Gas Grill
- Private Laundry service (optional)
- Clotheslines - sunny and covered
- USB/SD Stereo
- Complimentary seasonal fruit
- Torch/Flashlight and 12V lanterns
- Mosquito net, coils, repellent, flyswatter
- Hotel safe
- Outdoor Shower and Tap
- Fresh Filtered Untreated Spring Water to all Taps - Safe and Delicious!
- Large Covered Ocean View Decks with Dining Table and chairs
- Shampoo, Body Gel, Dish and hand soap pump dispensers provided
- Solar motion light entry
- Convenient drive-up access to your cottage door (5 steps to door)
- Enjoy all this at very affordable rates!
01 January to 31 December
US$255 / night. Minimum stay: 1 night
We also run specials: "Fiji Summer Special - 2 January - 31 March". Also, check our booking calendar and ask us about bonus discounts when you see small gaps in availability
► Some resorts charge up to 25% Fiji taxes, we only charge 9% on checkout.
► Free unlimited WiFi internet. Landline telephone: Calls to Taxis and Staff are always FREE!
► Ask about our "Fill the Gap" rates when you see small gaps in our calendar availability.
► Additional full refundable security/bond deposit is US$150.
Wonderful and unique location
Wonderful welcome, the house is beautiful and the location unique, we really enjoyed it. Ringazio Gene and his "assistant" who delighted us with a wonderful and delicious lovo, thanks also to his wife.
Response by (August 2018)
Thanks very much for your Review. I can say that your lovely family had the most fun of anyone who has ever visited Sigasiga Sands. It was very gratifying to watch you all enjoying the beach, the cottage and our staff sooo much! We really hope to see you again soon. Your tour guide, Tevita, does not have good phone service. If you send me the photos, I'll be sure to get them to him.
All our best to you!
A perfect place to stay in Fiji
Gene's AirBnB was everything we'd hoped and more! Gene was very helpful with questions we had about the property before we booked and helped provide more information about the best ways to get to the island. He picked us up from the Savusavu airport, drove us through town for a quick tour, and even stopped at the local grocery store and market so we could pick up a few things. Once we got to the property we did not want to leave! The view was spectacular, the surroundings were very peaceful. And the property dog Tuk Tuk made our day each morning stopping by to say hi and joining us for walks on the beach. She was such a sweetie and so well behaved!
Sunita the local chef made us a few meals and delivered them right to the house. Her dahl soup is a must! So tasty. Even though the surroundings are divine, we did have to do some remote working, despite the warning that occasionally the internet can go down for a few hours, we never had an issue, nor did we notice much lag with loading pages. All in all it was the perfect place for us to end our stay in Fiji.
That is the one word that I comes to mind first to explain that stay I had at this place. Gene is an amazing host as well as an amazing human being. From the first moment I met him at the airport we hit it off. Leading up to the travel overseas he answered numerous questions of mine and provided a very detailed information page prior to my travel over. Fiji itself is an amazing place from the beautiful scenery to the beautiful people that are full of life, energy and gratitude. I will be going back this year and I will be staying with Gene again without a doubt in my mind!!!
Beautiful private oasis
Beautiful, private oasis <20 minutes from Savusavu airport - the burres are all outfitted with a full kitchen (gas range, toaster, blender, refrigerator and freezer that had three ice cube trays already ready to go , microwave and full sets of plates/cutlery etc) but you also have the option of amazing home-cooked meals from Sunita for a reasonable price delivered direct to your door! Definitely worth a trip into town to see the shops and pick up some groceries which can be arranged for a cab that will set you back only $30 Fijian (round trip).
Overall, we were super impressed with the cleanliness inside the burre which was spotless when we checked in, as well as the comfy bed and sheets. The units have a/c but also great shutter windows with screens so you can let in the breeze without the bugs if desired. The caretaker and his wife are both lovely, warm and welcoming, and overall make sure that your experience is great! Highly recommend the Lovo (Fijian bbq) and eating with Subash/Sunita (caretaker and his wife’s family)
Thanks Gene for a great spot and we hope to return!
Response by (April 2018)
It was a pleasure meeting you two and thanks so much for taking your precious time to write your thoughts about your SigaSiga experience. Yes, we're less than 20 min from SVU airport. Just a little clarification: Driving slowly it is only 10 min / just 4 miles from SVU. We'll look into what we can do about the whistling door. heehee Thanks for the tip.
Hope to see you here again soon!
Gene's bungalow is absolutely amazing
... the photos don't really do the place justice! The beach (and a shady spot with palm trees and a hammock) are just a few steps from the front door. The space is very inviting and the cool sea breeze flows through the house when the shutters are open. The bed and sofa are extremely comfortable, and the kitchen is stocked with all the dishes and cookware you'll need. The only downside is that the location is approximately 15mins and $9USD from town by taxi.