Rent the Vonu Hut
Vonu is Fijian for "Turtle", and like a turtle in his shell, the Vonu Hut sets nestled in the lush gardens with some ocean view and easy direct beach access. Sleeps up to 2 adults/1 child. Very cozy cottage with all the comforts of home. Same fantastic amenities as our other cottages although the ocean view is not quite as wide and no microwave. Save money and still enjoy the Fijian lifestyle on this expansive beachfront property.
SigaSiga is pronounced "sing-a sing-a", the original native name for the property meaning Sunshine.
All SigaSiga Sands holiday vacation rental homes are designer furnished, loaded with amenities and offered at budget prices! You won't find another hotel offering accommodations this comfortable, so well equipped, and loaded with so many amenities anywhere near this price or maybe at any price! We offer by far the best "bang for the buck" in Savusavu - all at a location many locals call the best beach in Savusavu! All cottages have full self-catering gourmet equipped kitchens. Optional room service is available from our delicious Indo-Fijian Cuisine menu at affordable prices delivered fresh and hot to you. All share two beach lounge areas (at all tides) with hammocks, chaise loungers, fresh delicious spring water taps, shower and comfort room. Enjoy consistent ocean breezes, plenty of shade, and great friendly staff to attend to your every need.
Live on the beach and experience immersion into the Fijian culture. When you stay at SigaSiga Sands, your playground extends along 300m/1000ft of beach and beyond. You can also play up into our Forest Reserve where 2km/over a mile of medium challenge nature trails meander through and under our awesome Forest Reserve canopy. Bring your suit (or not ;-)) and a picnic to enjoy a swim in the fresh large creek ponds.
Only 10min. drive to Savusavu airport and another 5min. to Savusavu town. Private and peaceful nature, fantastic snorkel reef and swimming lagoons. Hotel grounds include lily ponds and beautifully landscaped gardens and open space. Free WiFi and airport transfers included.
- Free unlimited WiFi Internet (dependable with 14Mbps average speed)
- Cooking Lessons
- Making Coconut Milk and Oil Lessons
- Savusavu airport transfers (2 nights or more)
- Savusavu town Intro Tour
- Chilled Green Coconut Drink on arrival
- 2 single kayaks
- 300m/1000ft of white sand beachfront 24/7
- 3 Beachfront Lounge areas with Hammocks, Loungers, Shower, Comfort room and lots of shady palms
- Scuba Diving: 2 World Class Ops close-by include free return transfers
- Easy Transportation with affordable taxis, buses, rental cars, ferries and 2 airports
- Panoramic Ocean Views
- Room Service with delicious SigaSiga Indo-Fijian Cuisine Menu
- Nature Trails meandering through our own Forest Reserve thriving with flora, fauna and creeks
- Snorkeling Lagoon 15 min. walk out at low tide or just swim out anytime
- Swimming Lagoon 5 min. walk down the beach any tide
- Cultural experience on a Coconut plantation with friendly resident staff
- Learn the Fijian lifestyle and what it means to live on Fiji time!
- Other Resort Amenities, Restaurants and Bars nearby
- Only 15 min. drive (driving slowly) to Savusavu town
- Many Waterfall & Adventure Tours nearby. Some activities may not be available due to Fiji government restrictions!
- Fresh, filtered, delicious spring water to all taps
- Resident Manager, Housekeeper, Handyman
- Extensive variety of cookware, kitchenware, and plateware
- Full size Refrigerator/Auto-Defrost Freezer with Ice Trays
- Glasses (beer, wine, juice, coffee cups)
- Silverware settings for 4-6 guests
- Coffee French Press & Blender
- Gas Stove, Microwave & Toaster Oven
- Hot Water Kettle
- Dining table seating 4-6 guests
- Fire Extinguisher, Fire Blanket, First Aid kit
- Compost and Recycle Rubbish Bins
- Large Ceiling Fan
- Very comfortable beds with high quality mattresses and pillows. Portable single bed/cot optional
- High thread count all cotton linens
- Picnic gear inc ice chest, plush beach towels, floats and more
- Exceptionally comfortable designer furnishings and wall art
- Hot water to all kitchen and bathroom taps
- Large ceiling fans in every room
- Screened windows on all walls for great cool air circulation
- Outdoor Shower and Tap
- Air Conditioning
- Private Laundry service (optional)
- Clotheslines - sunny and covered
- Complimentary seasonal fruit
- Mosquito coils, flyswatter
- Hotel safe
- Outdoor Shower and Tap
- Fresh Filtered Untreated Spring Water to all Taps - Safe and Delicious!
- Large Covered Ocean View Decks with Dining Table and chairs
- Shampoo, Body Gel, Dish and hand soap pump dispensers provided
- Solar motion light entry
- Convenient drive-up access to your cottage door (5 steps to door)
- Enjoy all this at very affordable rates!
01 January to 31 December
US$93 / night or stay 7 nights or more and get the last night FREE!
For longer stays, please contact us for the best deal.
Minimum stay: 1 night
► Some resorts charge up to 25% Fiji taxes at checkout. We include all taxes!
► Free unlimited WiFi internet.
► Additional full refundable security/bond deposit is US$100.
- Sleeps up to 4 guests. Rates include 2 guests, each additional guest is US$15 / pp per night. Max 4 adults + 1 child. Children 5 years and under are free.
- One queen in bedroom, one queen sofa sleeper bed in living room. Portable cot optional.
- Special request for additional child may be considered. Conditions apply.
- No microwave and no USB/SD Stereo available in this hut.
House in a beautiful place with private beach
This house is simply in a beautiful place with a private beach. Location very secure and very quite. We enjoyed our stay.
Response by (January 2019)
Thanks very much coming. We appreciate you taking the time to share your Review and we look forward to having you back again in the near future. On behalf of all our staff at Sigasiga Sands, we wish you Happy Trails wherever your life's journey takes you.
I was living in the Vonu Hut for two weeks, had an amazing time! Wonderful garden, pure white and empty beach, tons of fresh fruits to make Banana-Papaya-Coco-Mango-Pinapple-... shakes all day (had blender in the kitchen). Highly recommend this place, it feels like a homestay, and the owner is fun :) Welcome to paradise!
What you see is what you get!
My partner and i recently spent four nights at Sigasiga sands and absolutely loved it.
Being Divers we prefer to spend our money on having more holidays nand more activities rather than having more luxury. We stayed in the Vonu Bure and it absolutely lived up to our expectations. The website is a very accurate reflection of what the property is about. The accommodation was very simple but exactly what we were after, clean, tidy, well presented and quiet. The kitchenette was great, it had all the tools we needed to cook for ourselves which we did every morning and evening. (There's a great butchers, supermarket and market in Savusavu so getting quality supplies is dead easy!)
Gene is a wonderful host, he met us at the airport anbd plied us with fresh coocnut juice and pawpaw (and even made sure we had a couple of cold beers after i forgot to get supplies in town (DOH!!)). Nothing was a problem for him or his superfiendly staff and we very much felt part of the 'family'.
We spent most of our spare time (when we weren't diving with the fantastic team at Koro Sun Dive) snorkelling on the reef. It's a bit of trek across the flats to the reef but certainly well worth the effort. Gene's got a fairly extensive DVD library which we made use of each night before comfortably drifting off to the land of nod.
As a travel and tourism professional I'm always quick to pick up on a products faults. I can honestly say the product is very well presented and abosolutley lived up to all of our expectations. I certainly have no hesitiation recommending Sigasiag sands to others and will defintately go back next time we're in Savusavu.
Thanks Gene, Saneeta, Subesh and Geeta!
PS: get a massage from Geeta - Great massage and awesome value for money!