Rent the Coco Cottage with 1 Bedroom
Surrounded by huge garden of flowers and palm trees. Only 100m/300ft from the secluded white sandy beach. Snorkeling and swimming lagoons closeby. Your cottage is designer furnished with all the amenities you need including a nicely equipped full kitchen, you'll want to call it home! Only 15 min. drive to Savusavu town. Convenient transportation available. Nature trails through our pristine forest reserve with creeks on our 116 acre property. Beachside hammocks, comfort room, spring water shower. Everything is here!
The base rate includes 1 bedroom for 1 or 2 guests with a deluxe queen bed in lounge area and bathroom with walk-in shower and full kitchen.
SigaSiga is pronounced "sing-a sing-a", the original native name for the property meaning Sunshine.
All SigaSiga Sands holiday vacation rental homes are designer furnished, loaded with amenities and offered at budget prices! You won't find another hotel offering accommodations this comfortable, so well equipped, and loaded with so many amenities anywhere near this price or maybe at any price! We offer by far the best "bang for the buck" in Savusavu - all at a location many locals call the best beach in Savusavu! All cottages have full self-catering gourmet equipped kitchens. Optional room service is available from our delicious Indo-Fijian Cuisine menu at affordable prices delivered fresh and hot to you. All share two beach lounge areas (at all tides) with hammocks, chaise loungers, fresh delicious spring water taps, shower and comfort room. Enjoy consistent ocean breezes, plenty of shade, and great friendly staff to attend to your every need.
Live on the beach and experience immersion into the Fijian culture. When you stay at SigaSiga Sands, your playground extends along 300m/1000ft of beach and beyond. You can also play up into our Forest Reserve where 2km/over a mile of medium challenge nature trails meander through and under our awesome Forest Reserve canopy. Bring your suit (or not ;-)) and a picnic to enjoy a swim in the fresh large creek ponds.
Only 10min. drive to Savusavu airport and another 5min. to Savusavu town. Private and peaceful nature, fantastic snorkel reef and swimming lagoons. Hotel grounds include lily ponds and beautifully landscaped gardens and open space. Free WiFi and airport transfers included.
- Free unlimited WiFi Internet (dependable with 8Mbps average speed)
- Landline telephone incl. free local Savusavu calls
- Masks & Snorkels
- Snorkel Lessons
- Cooking Lessons
- Making Coconut Milk and Oil Lessons
- Savusavu airport transfers
- Savusavu town Intro Tour
- Lei Greeting
- Chilled Green Coconut Drink on arrival
- 2 single kayaks, 2 bicycles
- 300m/1000ft of white sand beachfront 24/7
- 2 Beachfront Lounge areas with Hammocks, Loungers, Shower, Comfort room and lots of shady palms
- Scuba Diving: 2 World Class Ops close-by include free return transfers
- Easy Transportation with affordable taxis, buses, rental cars, ferries and 2 airports
- Panoramic Ocean Views
- Room Service with delicious SigaSiga Indo-Fijian Cuisine Menu
- Nature Trails meandering through our own Forest Reserve thriving with flora, fauna and creeks
- Snorkeling Lagoon 15 min. walk out at low tide or just swim out anytime
- Swimming Lagoon 5 min. walk down the beach any tide
- Cultural experience on a Coconut plantation with friendly resident staff
- Learn the Fijian lifestyle and what it means to live on Fiji time!
- Other Resort Amenities, Restaurants and Bars nearby
- Only 15 min. drive (driving slowly) to Savusavu town
- Many Waterfall & Adventure Tours nearby
- Resident Manager, Housekeeper, Handyman
- Extensive variety of cookware, kitchenware, and plateware
- Glasses (beer, wine, juice, coffee cups)
- Silverware settings for 4-6 guests
- Coffee French Press & Blender
- Gas Stove, Microwave & Toaster Oven
- Hot Water Kettle
- Dining table seating 4-6 guests
- Fire Extinguisher, Fire Blanket, First Aid kit
- Compost and Recycle Rubbish Bins
- Large Ceiling Fan
- Very comfortable beds with high quality mattresses and pillows. Portable single bed/cot optional
- High thread count all cotton linens
- Picnic gear inc ice chest, plush beach towels, floats and more
- Exceptionally comfortable designer furnishings and wall art
- Hot water to all kitchen and bathroom taps
- Large ceiling fans in every room
- Screened windows on all walls for great cool air circulation
- Air Conditioning
- BBQ Gas Grill
- Private Laundry service (optional)
- Clotheslines - sunny and covered
- USB/SD Stereo
- Complimentary seasonal fruit
- Torch/Flashlight and 12V lanterns
- Mosquito net, coils, repellent, flyswatter
- Hotel safe
- Outdoor Shower and Tap
- Fresh Filtered Untreated Spring Water to all Taps - Safe and Delicious!
- Large Covered Ocean View Decks with Dining Table and chairs
- Shampoo, Body Gel, Dish and hand soap pump dispensers provided
- Full size Refrigerator/Auto-Defrost Freezer with Ice Trays
- Solar motion light entry
- Convenient drive-up access to your cottage door (5 steps to door)
- Enjoy all this at very affordable rates!
01 January to 31 December
US$135 / night. Minimum stay: 1 night
► Some resorts charge up to 25% Fiji taxes, we only charge 9% on checkout.
► Free unlimited WiFi internet. Landline telephone: Calls to Taxis and Staff are always FREE!
► Ask about our "Fill the Gap" rates when you see small gaps in our calendar availability.
► Additional full refundable security/bond deposit is US$150.
A home away from home!
I spent four weeks in the Coconut Bure in June/July and could not have wished for a better place to stay. Gene, Sunita and Subash were wonderful hosts and made sure I had everything I needed (the home-cooked curries are fantastic, try them!). Gene took me to the local market and stores on my first days so I knew my way around. As a solo female traveler I found SigaSiga and Savusavu in general a safe haven and can only recommend it (I felt safe enough to walk on my own at 1am). The beach was beautiful, the fish colourful, and the locals absolutely wonderful. Not many things beat going snorkeling and being greeted with a big "Bula!" by a class of schoolchildren when coming back up :) SigaSiga is the perfect place to get away from it all and enjoy peace and tranquility. On the other hand, you will never feel alone if you do not want to be. Just take a bus ride to SavuSavu or hitch a lift with Gene if he is available and you will find why Fijians are so famous for their smiles. Everybody is so friendly and embraces you with open arms. The amount of locals inviting me to visit them or to join them for a drink really made Savusavu a home away from home. I will cherish the memories of my time in Fiji forever. I am still overwhelmed by the impressions and experiences two months on! All in all, if I could, SigaSiga would get a thousand stars rather than just five. I will definitely be back! Vinaka vaka levu! (A little tip, try the cocktails in the Koro Sun Resort just down the road. Very nice!)
Sehr gut und günstig
Tolle Unterkunft. Kostet 125F$ pro Nacht, bei drei Nächten ist die vierte gratis, bei sechs Nächten ist die siebte gratis.
Man hat den ganzen Strand für sich allein, wirklich super nettes Personal. Wir waren sieben Nächte in der Coconut Bure, war wirklich traumhaft. Wenn man es mit den teuren Nachbarresorts vergleicht, ist hier das Preis-Leistungsverhältnis wirklich der Hammer!
Kann ich jedem nur empfehlen, der einen Bungalow an einem einsammen Strand in Fidschi sucht, um dort in aller Ruhe und weit ab von aller Zivilisation zu entspannen!
ACHTUNG!!!!! Mückensprays mitnehmen, sonst wird man hier aufgefressen!!!
Response by (June 2013)
Thank you for taking the time to review SigaSiga Sands!
Re: the mosquitos
We are truly sorry for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, the "mozzies" are persistent little buggers in this type of climate. We do our best to control them including the following:
- Maintain clean grounds
- Maintain good window screens
- Mosquito nets are provided (rarely used)
- Since this review, we have installed a state-of-the-art mosquito trap which utilizes heat, CO2 production, light, tack strip, human scent and a vacuum to attract and eliminate insects within an acre area surrounding our suites.
- We provide coils which can be burned like incense nearby and are quite effective
- We provide repellent
Some resorts spray poison throughout their land in an effort to control the mozzies. These same resorts supply insect repellent to their guests because the mozzies are ever present. Exceptions would be in the driest, hottest parts of the country. Here at SigaSiga, we pride ourselves in maintaining a strong environmental awareness in everything we do. So we are shy to blanket the area with poison. Being a beachfront property, we treasure the birds, flowers, and reef system that make this such a magical, natural wonderland.
SigaSiga Sands experiences a fairly consistent breeze of 15-20 knots throughout the year. This helps minimize any nuisance. I would also like to point out that the vast majority of our guests never complain or have issues with insects here. Some people are simply more sensitive than others. In fact, some people seem to be “mozzie magnets”! For these unfortunate few, we do our best to coach them to minimize any negative impact.