Rent the Coco Cottage
Surrounded by huge garden of flowers and palm trees. Only 100m/300ft from the secluded white sandy beach. Snorkeling and swimming lagoons closeby. Your cottage is designer furnished with all the amenities you need to call it home including a nicely equipped full kitchen. Only 15 min. drive to Savusavu town. Convenient transportation available. Nature trails through our pristine forest reserve with creeks on our 116 acre property. Beachside hammocks, comfort room, spring water shower. Everything is here!
This cottage is available as 1 bedroom for 2 guests with queen bed in lounge area (base rate) or when you add up to 4 more guests at US$25 each, you get an additional adjacent bedroom (king bed) and loft (ladder access with full size bed). 2 guests may enjoy the entire cottage by booking for 3 guests.
SigaSiga is pronounced "sing-a sing-a", the original native name for the property meaning Sunshine.
All SigaSiga Sands holiday vacation rental homes are designer furnished, loaded with amenities and offered at budget prices! You won't find another hotel offering accommodations this comfortable, so well equipped, and loaded with so many amenities anywhere near this price or maybe at any price! We offer by far the best "bang for the buck" in Savusavu - all at a location many locals call the best beach in Savusavu! All cottages have full self-catering gourmet equipped kitchens. Optional room service is available from our delicious Indo-Fijian Cuisine menu at affordable prices delivered fresh and hot to you. All share two beach lounge areas (at all tides) with hammocks, chaise loungers, fresh delicious spring water taps, shower and comfort room. Enjoy consistent ocean breezes, plenty of shade, and great friendly staff to attend to your every need.
Live on the beach and experience immersion into the Fijian culture. When you stay at SigaSiga Sands, your playground extends along 300m/1000ft of beach and beyond. You can also play up into our Forest Reserve where 2km/over a mile of medium challenge nature trails meander through and under our awesome Forest Reserve canopy. Bring your suit (or not ;-)) and a picnic to enjoy a swim in the fresh large creek ponds.
Only 10min. drive to Savusavu airport and another 5min. to Savusavu town. Private and peaceful nature, fantastic snorkel reef and swimming lagoons. Hotel grounds include lily ponds and beautifully landscaped gardens and open space. Free WiFi and airport transfers included.
- Free unlimited WiFi Internet (dependable with 8Mbps average speed)
- Landline telephone incl. free local Savusavu calls
- Masks & Snorkels
- Snorkel Lessons
- Cooking Lessons
- Making Coconut Milk and Oil Lessons
- Savusavu airport transfers
- Savusavu town Intro Tour
- Lei Greeting
- Chilled Green Coconut Drink on arrival
- 2 single kayaks, 2 bicycles
- 300m/1000ft of white sand beachfront 24/7
- 2 Beachfront Lounge areas with Hammocks, Loungers, Shower, Comfort room and lots of shady palms
- Scuba Diving: 2 World Class Ops close-by include free return transfers
- Easy Transportation with affordable taxis, buses, rental cars, ferries and 2 airports
- Panoramic Ocean Views
- Room Service with delicious SigaSiga Indo-Fijian Cuisine Menu
- Nature Trails meandering through our own Forest Reserve thriving with flora, fauna and creeks
- Snorkeling Lagoon 15 min. walk out at low tide or just swim out anytime
- Swimming Lagoon 5 min. walk down the beach any tide
- Cultural experience on a Coconut plantation with friendly resident staff
- Learn the Fijian lifestyle and what it means to live on Fiji time!
- Other Resort Amenities, Restaurants and Bars nearby
- Only 15 min. drive (driving slowly) to Savusavu town
- Many Waterfall & Adventure Tours nearby
- Resident Manager, Housekeeper, Handyman
- Extensive variety of cookware, kitchenware, and plateware
- Glasses (beer, wine, juice, coffee cups)
- Silverware settings for 4-6 guests
- Coffee French Press & Blender
- Gas Stove, Microwave & Toaster Oven
- Hot Water Kettle
- Dining table seating 4-6 guests
- Fire Extinguisher, Fire Blanket, First Aid kit
- Compost and Recycle Rubbish Bins
- Large Ceiling Fan
- Very comfortable beds with high quality mattresses and pillows. Portable single bed/cot optional
- High thread count all cotton linens
- Picnic gear inc ice chest, plush beach towels, floats and more
- Exceptionally comfortable designer furnishings and wall art
- Hot water to all kitchen and bathroom taps
- Large ceiling fans in every room
- Screened windows on all walls for great cool air circulation
- Air Conditioning
- BBQ Gas Grill
- Private Laundry service (optional)
- Clotheslines - sunny and covered
- USB/SD Stereo
- Complimentary seasonal fruit
- Torch/Flashlight and 12V lanterns
- Mosquito net, coils, repellent, flyswatter
- Hotel safe
- Outdoor Shower and Tap
- Fresh Filtered Untreated Spring Water to all Taps - Safe and Delicious!
- Large Covered Ocean View Decks with Dining Table and chairs
- Shampoo, Body Gel, Dish and hand soap pump dispensers provided
- Full size Refrigerator/Auto-Defrost Freezer with Ice Trays
- Solar motion light entry
- Convenient drive-up access to your cottage door (5 steps to door)
- Enjoy all this at very affordable rates!
01 January to 31 December
One Bedroom (lounge room with queen bed):
US$115 / night. Minimum stay: 1 night
15% discount when you stay 1 week!
Only US$684.25 / week (US$97.75 / night)
25% discount when you stay 1 month!
Only US$2,415 / month (US$86.25 / night)
Two Bedroom (additional private room with king bed):
US$140 / night. Minimum Stay: 1 night
15% discount when you stay 1 week!
Only US$684.25 / week (US$97.75 / night)
25% discount when you stay 1 month!
Only US$3150 / month ($105 / night)
► Some resorts charge up to 25% Fiji taxes, we only charge 9%.
► Free unlimited WiFi internet. Landline telephone: Calls to Taxis and Staff are always FREE!
► Ask about our "Fill the Gap" rates when you see small gaps in our calendar availability.
- Sleeps up to 6 guests. Rates include 2 guests, each additional guest is $25/pp.
- A couple who wants the 2nd private bedroom (in addition to the lounge room) can book for 3 guests.
- Special request for additional 2 children may be considered (up to 8 guests total). Conditions apply. Baby Cot/Crib and High chair available. (Children 2 years old and under don't count as a "guest" although we still treat 'em like one!)
Great space and the grounds are just beautiful, sharing the ocean view that the resort have without the price tag. We had the smaller room which was fine, the newer room is definitely nicer if you want to pay the extra $25 night for the whole space.
The caretakers were lovely and Suneeta's food was tasty. One point to note is that you will have to take taxi's into town or to other locations which tended to be about $7 USD each way. Tuk Tuk the dog is also amazing.
Response by (December 2017)
Bula Stacey! Thanks so much for your timely review! We really appreciate the feedback. From all our staff, we wish you a great Christmas season and Happy New Year! Thanks for choosing SigaSiga Sands and we hope to see you again soon!
SigaSiga is a great location
SigaSiga is a great location for a first Fiji experience. The place is really big, offering loads of space for walk & play with the kids. It has many goats and a couple of adorable dogs following you everywhere you go. You can kayak in the lagoon at high tide or simply walk in it at low tide. It is quiet and secluded but yet, only 12 mins drive from SavuSavu town where one can do shopping as well as finding a handful of restaurant and coffeeshop.
The SigaSiga staff is always available and they constantly go out of their way to make your stay as comfortable as possible! The bure was clean, we had AC in a room which felt like luxury and was perfect for our 1yo who struggled a bit adjusting to the Fijian heat. The kitchen is very well equipped and you have everything you need. There are also several hundreds of DVDs available at the reception which was awesome in a rainy day!
If you have kids, we recommend spending a day at a nearby resort Coro Sun which offers a kids pool with a big slide. It’s only 2 mins drive from SigaSiga. Our only regret is to not have met Gene himself as he was travelling abroad during our stay... but the service we received was nevertheless outstanding!
Amazing stay at SigaSiga Sands Resort
We had an amazing stay at SigaSiga Sands Resort over the last 10 nights. We were very sad to leave the place! We originally chose SigaSiga because the price was right, but we got so much more than we bargained for. The people were fantastic - Gene is an excellent host/manager who is happy to help with anything you might ask for. He's up for a chat, very knowledgeable about the island, easy-going, and usually laughing!
The caretakers are a lovely Fijian husband and wife duo who live at the back of the property. If you choose SigaSiga, you must order food from Sunita! She is an incredible cook and herself or Subash will bring the food hot to your door at whatever time you request. They also bring fresh coconuts with the tops cut off for you to drink out of and then eat the flesh with a spoon! The curry dahl is amazing, and all of this is super cost effective. We ordered twice a day, every day. If you preferred to cook yourself, the kitchen is fine to use as well - we personally left it to the masters. The kitchen was separate to our bure, but only by about 1 metre.
Our bure was a good size with a comfy bed, relaxing recliner lounge chair, and a decent sized shower and vanity area. It was very comfortable to stay in - even for a long period of time. All of the bures are different styles, which is pretty neat! Make friends with the other guests and check them out. We had outdoor on the furniture on the deck where we could eat our meals every day, and a hammock slung across the deck as well where Gene will enforce a strict "hammock time every day" policy ;) there are also some hammocks right by the sand so that you can listen to the soothing sounds of the water while you get your quota...
The beach was lovely as well - private, big fluctuations between high and low tide, no waves. Easy to walk along and goes for quite some distance. The lagoon described is fantastic to swim in if you're looking for some deeper water! The resort has a beautiful white dog named Tuktuk who will accompany you along the beach, all the way to the lagoon, and wait for you on the shore while you have a swim. She is incredibly friendly and loves company. The property itself was also beautiful - grass everywhere, palm trees with coconuts, flowers, and a neat dirt/grass road back to the main tar road. Because there aren't many bures, it's very quiet and relaxing here. A real secluded escape. However, if you're looking for people, Savusavu town is only a 15 minute ($14FJD) taxi ride away, and Gene will give you all the contacts you need to summon a taxi with your bure's phone. Gene is also happy to help you organise visits to nearby activities such as villages,...
Response by (November 2017)
Wow! Thanks so much for your review! All of us here at SigaSiga really live for the opportunity to share are paradise with folks like you. Your review reflects so well what you were talking about while here. We love that you could come and thanks again for writing about us. We hope to see you again soon.
My best to both of you.
Fantastic snorkeling, quiet beach and beautiful hiking trails
Great location! Tucked away in a beautiful cove with fantastic snorkeling, quiet beach, and beautiful hiking trails right outside of town. Easy access to savusavu town and all it has to offer. Friendly staff who are eager to make your stay comfortable. All in all great experience and we would highly recommend the SigaSiga to anyone who enjoys comfortable independent travel.
Private beach and sunshine
It was hard to believe that it was my best trip! We are here to enjoy the disturbed private beach and sunshine. This place has a lovely little dog Duduk, some friendly french friends and a hospitality landlord Gene. It was a pleasure to stay here for only three days. If you can really want to continue this journey indefinitely. If there is a chance, the next time I will choose to come here to enjoy a wonderful the same time, also welcome Gene and his friends to travel to China! Please be sure to contact me at this time.
Response by (October 2017)
Bula Takehisa! Thank you so much for your kind words. We really appreciate hearing from you. We love to share our island lifestyle and work hard to make it all look easy to present what we have for your enjoyment. I know you meant to say "undisturbed private beach" :-) Haha Your english is really quite good and I appreciate you writing me. Tuktuk says "Bula!" and she misses you! really! heehee
Take care, Gene